Lemon Thyme Bars
For the crust:
1/2 lb butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 Tbsp Thyme
1/8 tsp Salt
For the filling:
2 cups sugar
1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3-4 lemons)
Zest of 2-3 lemons
1 cup flour
Powdered sugar, for dusting
Fresh thyme for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. For the crust, cream the butter and sugar together in a mixer until well incorporated.
2. In another bowl, add together the flour, salt and thyme. Add flour mixture to butter mixture with mixer on low and mix until just incorporated.
3. With floured hands, take dough and gather into a ball. Then flatten dough and form in a 9 x 13 baking dish, bringing up 1/2 inch on each side.
4. Allow to chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
5. For the filling, whisk together eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour. Pour over the crust and bake for about 30 minutes, until the filling is set. Let cool to room temperature.
6. Cut into triangles and dust with powdered sugar and fresh thyme.
Chef Geoff's Notes: Adapted from and special thanks to: The Little Ferraro Kitchen