Mango Cardamom & Sweet Coconut Popsicles
3-4 small mangoes (2 lbs), peeled and cut into chunks
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup orange juice
Sweet Coconut Puree
1 1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup, plus 2 Tblsp sugar
1/2 tsp Ground Cardamom
1. In a blender, puree the mangoes, sugar, orange juice and salt until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the coconut milk, sugar, cardamom and salt. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator.
3. Position the popsicle mold on it's side. (I placed a baking sheet in the frezer and balanced the popsicle mold on it's side using the aide of two ramekins). Divide the mango puree between the molds. Note: If it gets messy (mine were a hot mess), clean up the inside of the molds using the aide of a damp paper towel. You want the mango puree's lines to be straight so you have a cute looking popsicle. Freeze for one hour and until half way frozen. Insert the popsicle sticks and freeze for two more hours.
4. Remove from the freezer and divide the coconut milk between the molds, filling them up just until the coconut milk reaches the top of the mango puree. Transfer to the freezer to freeze for two more hours.
5. Top with the remaining mango puree and freeze for a minimum of four hours or overnight. Run the molds under warm water to help loosen them and gently pull them out.
Yields: 8 Popsicles
Chef Geoff's Notes: With special thanks to A Cozy Kitchen