1 pound fresh or frozen skinless salmon or halibut fillet
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup chopped roasted red sweet pepper
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon snipped fresh chives
Salt and ground black pepper
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons cooking oil
Lemon or lime wedges (optional)
Fresh watercress (optional)
1. Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Cut into 4 serving size pieces. Set aside.
2. For sauce, in a small bowl combine mayonnaise, red sweet pepper, lemon juice and chives. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Cover and chill until serving time.
3. In a shallow dish bowl stir together the flour, white sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place milk in a shallow dish. Dip salmon in milk. Firmly press both sides of fish in flour mixture.
4. In a 10-inch skillet cook fish in hot oil over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve sauce with fish. If desired, garnish with lemon or lime wedges and fresh watercress.
5. Make-Ahead Directions: Prepare sauce; cover and chill up to 24 hours. Prepare fish as directed above. Stir sauce before serving; if necessary, stir in a little extra water.