Sauteed Persimmons with Green Beans with Chives
1 1/2 lbs petite green beans, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 ripe fuyu persimmons, , cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (, about 1 pound)
1/2 cup fresh chives
1 pinch sugar
1. Cook beans according to directions.
2. Usually frozen beans are boiled for 2-4 minutes and then drained.
3. After draining, immediately plunge beans into a bowl of ice and cold water to stop cooking and drain.
4. In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat until hot and sauté persimmons until lightly browned and softened, about 4 minutes.
5. Add a pinch of sugar to help sweeten the persimmons.
6. Add beans and 1/4 cup chives and sauté, stirring gently, until hot.
7. Transfer mixture to a platter and sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup chives on top.