Skillet Chicken Parmesan
- 4 (6 ounce each) boneless, Organic skinless chicken breasts or cutlets
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Organic Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic (1-2 cloves)
- 1 jar (24 ounce) marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil
- Cooked angel hair pasta for serving
- Fresh Parmesan cheese shavings for serving (optional)
- Using a mallet flatten chicken breasts to about 1/4 inch thick. Season with salt, oregano and pepper and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl add flour.
- In another shallow bowl beat eggs and milk.
- In another shallow bowl mix bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- In a large deep skillet heat oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Dredge seasoned chicken in flour. Dip chicken in egg mixture, allowing excess to drip off then toss bread crumb mixture.
- Place chicken in skillet and repeat until each piece of chicken is coated.
- Cook chicken about 7-8 minutes per side until thoroughly cooked.
- Pour in sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium low until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped basil and serve over angel hair pasta and fresh Parmesan shavings.