1 cup egg nog
2 tablespoons Dark Rum
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon salt
12 slices cinnamon swirl raisin bread (thick cut)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
1. In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs with a wire whip.
2. Add egg nog, rum, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt, whip to combine.
3. Heat heavy skillet. Soak bread slices in egg mixture for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Soak only as many pieces of bread as you can fit in your griddle at one time. Two batches of six or three batches of four. Add melted butter to the medium hot griddle.
4. Sprinkle each slice of soaked bread with 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon sugar and lay sugar side down in the griddle. Sprinkle additional 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon sugar on top of each slice in the griddle.
5. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until French toast is a light golden brown and turn to cook other side.
6. Serve hot with creamy rum sauce or butter and maple syrup.
Egg Nog Rum French Toast