1 cup (2 sticks) plus 2 Tbsp butter
2 medium sized Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored, and diced (about 2 cups)
1 Tbsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1-15 oz can pumpkin puree
2/3 cup fat free sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup half & half
1 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 box spice cake mix
1 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13" pan with cooking spray.
2. Melft 2 tablespoons butter in a small frying pan and over medium-low heat. Add apples, sugar, and cinnamon and stir to combine. Cook over low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apples are semi-translucent. Remove from heat until ready to use.
3. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, half & half, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl. Pour into the bottom of the prepared 9 x 13" pan.
4. Sprinkle cooked apples over the top of the pumpkin.
5. Sprinkle entire cake mix evenly over the top of the pumpkin and apples. Sprinkle with pecans. Melt remaining 1 cup butter and pour evenly over the top of the entire pan.
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes until the center is set and it is golden brown around the edges.
7. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Adapted from and special thanks to: Crazy for Crust