This recipe is not only delicious, but would also make a great cobbler or mini hand pies! And, it’s beautiful. It looks so pretty in the bowl, and you can make it in less than 20 minutes. One less thing to worry about on the big day.
- 10 ounces fresh or frozen whole cranberries (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- Over medium-high heat in a heavy saucepan combine the two sugars, water, orange juice, cinnamon and nutmeg and bring to a boil.
- Add in the cranberries and adjust the heat to achieve a low boil. After several minutes you’ll start to hear the cranberries pop. If they are splattering you, the heat is too high. You need a gentle but steady boil.
- After the popping noise stops, set the timer for five minutes. The mixture should begin to foam as is bubbles. When the timer goes off, add the blueberries. Cook for another five minutes and remove it from the heat.
- The mixture will thicken as it cools. When cooled completely, store covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Notes from Amanda
Sodium 2mg Total Carbohydrates 17.6g Dietary Fiber 1.0g Sugars 15.3g Calcium 1% Vitamin C 13%
If your cranberries are frozen, there's no need to thaw them.
Chef Geoff's Notes: Recipe from and special thanks to: Amanda's Cookin