Delectable pancakes with chocolate chips and shredded zucchini folded into the batter. Sneak some veggies in your kids breakfast!
- Wring the water out of the zucchini in a clean kitchen towel by twisting over the sink.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, milk, butter, brown sugar and vanilla together.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet. Stir to combine then mix in the zucchini.
- Heat a large cast iron or non-stick skillet over medium-low heat and grease with butter. Working in batches pour scant 1/3 cups for each pancake into the pan and dot the uncooked top all over with chocolate chips. When the edges begin to look dry and cooked and bubbles dot the top - flip and cook until golden on the other side.
- Serve hot with butter, maple syrup and/or whipped cream.
Chef Geoff's Notes: Recipe from and special thanks to: Cinnamon, Spice & Everything Nice